Netanyahu puts Gaza terror groups on notice after bomb attack

Share

Liberman visited the border area in the wake of the recent uptick in terror activity and rocket attacks on Israeli civilians emanating from Gaza.

Hamas blamed Israel's decade-long blockade on the seaside strip for "Gaza's humanitarian catastrophe", which, it says, has been imposed with "a public US support".

Fighting between Israel and Gaza have escalated since Saturday, when a bomb detonated along the Gaza border, injured four soldiers, two seriously, and a rocket launched from Gaza struck an Israeli house in the town of Shaar HaNegev.

The past few days have seen increased tensions along the Israeli-Gaza border, with Israel conducting several airstrikes throughout the besieged territory, resulting in the death of two Palestinian teenagers.

Salem Sabah and Abdallah Abu Sheikha, both 17 years old, were killed Saturday night when the Israeli military carried out a series of air and tank strikes across Gaza, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health and the Palestinian news agency WAFA.

Sources said that Emadi was not hit directly, but the workers tore pictures of the Emir of Qatar in the place, along with banners thanking Qatar for its financial aid to Gaza.

Two of the men were severely wounded but their lives were not in danger, the army said.

The explosion occurred around 4 p.m. east of Khan Yunis and the southern Gaza Strip, when a patrol stopped along the border to remove a flag that had been placed at the fence a day earlier during a protest, one of many violent weekly riots. Israel holds the Islamist Palestinian movement Hamas responsible for any fire coming from the blockaded coastal enclave.

Al-Quds and al-Hayat al-Jadida said that Hamdallah and Finance Minister Shukri Bishara met in Ramallah with Israeli Finance Minister Moshe Kahlon and Yoav Mordechai, coordinator of the so-called "Civil Administration", an arm of the Israeli military government in the occupied Palestinian territories.

ISRAELI jets targeted sites in the Gaza Strip early yesterday after a rocket was sacked into Israel from the coastal enclave.

Israeli media said it was the highest number of Israelis wounded in a single incident since the 2014 Gaza war.

Netanyahu will visit the White House next month, a senior United States administration official told AFP on Friday.

Share