Boko Haram has abducted over 1000 kids in Nigeria

Share

This screengrab taken on May 12, 2014, from a video of Nigerian Islamist extremist group Boko Haram obtained by AFP shows girls, wearing the full-length hijab and praying in an undisclosed rural location.br / Nigeria's government on MAy 17, 2017 said another Chibok girl was free, having escaped from Boko Haram Islamists more than three years after being kidnapped with more than 200 classmates.

"We know that this is not the news parents want to hear after four whole years of waiting, but we want to be as honest as possible with you".

"Some of us have refused to give up HOPE that they can be brought back like their 107 peers".

Most of the parents of the abducted and missing girls converged at the premises of the Government Girls secondary school, Chibok, where they held a prayer session for the missing girls as well as the safety of their communities.

"Some of the Chibok parents have since that day began to lose hope and even more psychologically troubled thinking that if the girl Leah is being held back because she is a Christian, it means they may never see their daughters again, because majority that are in captivity now are all Christians". Don't lose faith in this government's ability to fulfil our promise of reuniting you with your daughters.

"Don't imagine for a moment that we have forgotten about our daughters or that we consider their freedom a lost course".

Abuja: While the Nigerian government is gearing up for awareness campaign and functions on the occasion of 4th anniversary of kidnapping incident of hundreds of school girls by terrorist organisation Boko Haram, the UNICEF in its report has revealed that the terrorist organisation has kidnapped thousands of children since 2003.

On Friday the United Nations Children's Fund, commonly known as UNICEF, called for the release of more than 100 of the "Chibok girls" yet to be returned to their families.

"These repeated attacks against children in schools are unconscionable", Fall said.

He called for an end to "all grave violations of children's rights", in that part of Nigeria.

The post Chibok Parents Mark Four Years After Abduction Of Schoolgirls appeared first on Channels Television.

The terrorists invaded the school on the night of April 14,2014 and took away the girls.

In February, one faction kidnapped more than 100 schoolgirls from the town of Dapchi, previously untouched by the war.

Every year on the anniversary of their daughters' disappearance, the parents gather in Chibok to pray for their safe return.

Share