The news comes after US President Donald Trump asked his twitter followers to "stay tuned" for news on the trade talks, following a suggestion via tweet that he would try to ease penalties slapped on Chinese telecoms firm ZTE.
Chinese Vice Premier Liu He attends the news conference following the closing session of the National People's Congress (NPC), at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China March 20, 2018. China has counterpunched by targeting $50 billion in USA products.
One administration official said Navarro is being excluded from the talks this week. Politico wrote earlier this week that Ross had also been largely sidelined in the trade negotiations, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.
The U.S. congressmen said that formal talks with the administration were due to begin on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Mr Trump earlier on Wednesday denied caving in to China over U.S. sanctions on the telecoms equipment maker ZTE.
"Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal", Trump said in a series of tweets Wednesday.
Liu met Wednesday with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Capitol Hill to talk about reducing the tariffs and ways to strengthen the US-China trade relationship.
USA lawmakers on Tuesday rejected any plan by Trump to ease restrictions on ZTE, calling the company a security threat and vowing not to abandon the Commerce Department ruling banning sales of American components and software to the company for violating terms of a sanctions settlement deal.
After Trump's tweet on Sunday, Ross said the Commerce Department was "very, very promptly" exploring alternative ways of punishing the company.
Trump on Monday had defended his decision to revisit penalties on ZTE for flouting US sanctions on trade with Iran, in part by saying it was reflective of the larger trade deal the United States is negotiating with China.
The Trump administration has proposed tariffs on up to $150 billion in Chinese products to punish Beijing for forcing American companies to turn over technology in exchange for access to the Chinese market.
Uncertainty over relations between the US and China has roiled financial markets and raised concerns among businesses anxious about a trade war. However, U.S. trade officials said if they take that step they will hold a second public comment period and hearing. However, the administration has not publicly stated a time frame for when it will make its final decision.
Kissinger said the handling of the U.S. -China Business Council, said it is unclear whether major progress would be made.
In early April, Kudlow said the Trump administration was considering providing the Chinese with a list of outcomes they were looking for in trade negotiations between the two nations. "I think that's going to be a wake-up call for Americans", Navarro said on NBC's "Meet The Press".