The Red Cross said it received the bodies of 29 kids under the age of 15. "Spare the Yemeni people more death and misery". "Causalities from today's attack continue to arrive", the Red Cross stated on August 9.
He said additional supplies were being sent to hospitals to cope with the influx.
The airstrike hit a bus that was ferrying civilians, including many school children, the elders said, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals. The attack happened while the bus was stationary.
Medics treat a Yemeni child who was injured in an airstrike at an emergency clinic in the Iran-backed Houthi rebels' stronghold province of Saada, Aug. 8, 2018. "Only a political solution can bring the war to an end and reinstate peace in Yemen".
Earlier this week, the UN Special Envoy for Yemen, Martin Griffiths, convened a consultative meeting in the United Kingdom of 22 Yemeni public figures and women activists as part of his efforts to end the war.
One person was killed in that attack, Saudi state media reported.
"This is yet another example of the blatant violations of worldwide humanitarian law that we have seen in Yemen over the past three years-from indiscriminate and disproportionate attacks on civilians, denial of access to humanitarian aid and the use of starvation as a weapon of war-it's the people of Yemen, not the warring parties, who are paying the ultimate price", said Sylvia Ghaly, director of advocacy in Yemen for Save the Children. "The attack on civilians is not acceptable".
The Red Cross Yemen branch noted that under worldwide humanitarian law, civilians should be protected during times of war.
The coalition, backing Yemen's government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were "legitimate", according to the BBC.
Qassemi added that the hike in the "bombardments of residential areas and non-military targets was indicative of coalition forces' consecutive defeats on the battlefield" against Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah fighters and allied forces - who have been defending the nation against the Riyadh-led campaign of aggression since its onset in 2015.
Maliki said those responsible for firing ballistic missiles and targeting civilians would "get what they deserve".
The Houthis have fired dozens of missiles into the kingdom in recent months, part of a three-year-old conflict widely seen as a proxy battle between regional rivals Saudi Arabia and Iran.
On Wednesday, a Saudi-led coalition spokesman Col.
The attack has been blamed on the Saudi-led coalition waging war against Yemen's Houthi rebels.
There was no breakdown in the casualties and it was not immediately clear how numerous victims were on the bus itself and how many were pedestrians in the immediate area around it.