Missing pregnant woman found dead with baby removed from womb


Police in Chicago were questioning three people on Thursday in connection with the murder of a pregnant teenager whose unborn baby was taken from her womb after her death.

She was nine months pregnant when she disappeared, and family members said she had gone to the Southwest Side home in the 4100 block of West 77th Place to swap baby clothes with a woman she met through a Facebook group.

Clarisa Figueroa, 46, had previously sold baby clothes to 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, and lured her back to her house with an offer of more clothing, investigators said.

In the hours after the pregnant woman was last seen, on April 23, neighbours reportedly saw the 46-year-old bloodied and holding a baby wrapped in a towel, screaming she had just given birth to a baby boy who wasn't breathing, according to the National Center For Missing and Endangered, Inc.

On the day Ochoa-Lopez went missing, the Chicago Fire Department had received a call about a newborn in distress from the home where the young mother's body was eventually found, authorities said.

She was in contact with a woman in a Facebook group, one of the people charged, and had arranged to pick up baby clothes from her.

"We believe that she was murdered and we believe that the baby was forcibly removed following that murder", Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told reporters, according to news agency Associated Press.

"She did nothing to them". "She was a good person".

In 2017 the mother's 27-year-old son died from natural causes, police said.

This Chicago Police missing person flier shows Marlen Ochoa-Lopez.

A mother and her daughter have been charged in the killing. Ms Cortes said she has been in communication with the family since the teen's disappearance.

"Ultimately, DNA evidence and interviews led us to the three offenders that are now charged", he said.

"She was giving clothes away, supposedly under the pretense that her daughters had been given clothes and they had all these extra boy clothes", said Cecelia Garcia, a spokeswoman for Ochoa-Uriostegui's family. A 911 dispatcher was told on April 23 that the baby was blue and not breathing.

Police allegedly discovered Ms Ochoa-Lopez's body hidden in a rubbish bin while serving a search warrant at the Figueroa's home on Tuesday night.

Ms Ochoa-Lopez's body was found at the same property on Wednesday, 15 May. Police confirmed that DNA testing proved Yadiel belongs to Ochoa-Lopez, but they don't expect him to survive.

Ochoa-Lopez was also known by the name Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui.

She disappeared after leaving Latino Youth High School in Little Village.

As part of the search, police went to hospitals in the area to see if she had delivered her baby.

"They are finding remains of burned clothes, they are finding some blood indication on the living room carpet, some blood indication on the hallway, some blood indication on the bathroom floor", police said.

"She did nothing to them", said Yovani Lopez, her husband, reported the Chicago Tribune. Whether it means walking through a bloody police shooting to help a family find justice or showing the multifaceted talent of the Black Diaspora I write the news.